Monday, November 27, 2006

A TRIP to BHADRA (1)



I was on a trip to Bhadra. Destination "Jungle Lodge".
We reached Bhadra on Thursday,and we returned back saturday night. Apart from the 7 hour journey, the trip was nice, not only because of the serenity of the place, or the silence of the jungle, but also because of the enthusiasm of people, our batteries were fully charged.

On the last day, me and my Colleagues were having food. Typical Indian food, nice curry, dhaniya chicken, and fish fry. I had stuffed my stomach enough to sustain my biological need till night.

When I was done with my stuffing, I came out and went to the back side of the dining room. The dining place was standing like an island, in the midst of a dense jungle.

Suddenly some movement in the nearby bush caught my attention. Nothing scary, a cat, a wild cat it was. I was wondering whether it will respond to me. I started calling it, to my awe it understood my language !! It came closer to me. I knew it was hungry, but did not have anything to give. Believe me, not many people would like to entertain a cat, specially if it is not their pet.

I was feeling bad for not giving any food to the poor cat. I decided to ask the cook to give me a piece of fish fry ,and he was nice to give me one. I did not realise that the fish fry was hot. 'Mini' took a large bite and then she realised that the fish was hot. I came to know from her eyes, like she expected me to be more careful while serving her the food. "I am sorry Mini :(".
"Mini"?? I gave her this name.

She was so hungry that, she finished it with in a minute. I was staring at her. Mini was very busy eating :). Then she looked at me, and came more closer ... asked me to give more fish ... by making a peculiar sound , in a fashion that she had every right to demand more.

My trainer told me that normally cats are not loyal, and neither they show their gratefulness @#@$. Sigh !! I dont care ....
Mini's eyes were wet , and she respected my feeling, for whatever little I offered her.
May be the cats know whom they should respond to ????

It was time to depart.
I bade goodbye to her and started towards my destiny. She was still standing there, looking at me. I turned back ......... I saw two still eyes .... so deep and silent..... they were trying to convey something ..... something .... it cannot be only food or a mere fish piece .....First time I was not able to interpret her eyes ......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mini and joy.. gud .. gud..

Anonymous said...

hey dude... why do u hate bananas?

Anonymous said...

Nice One :)

(Nirel)

Anonymous said...

Nice One :)

(Nirel)

Unknown said...

Banana ????

Long story ......

Ritesh Kamath said...

Hey, nice pic of mini.. btw did u bring her to Blore ??